Each member of the HAUS contributes their monthly rent as well as 5 hours of weekly HAUS labor. In exchange, the member has access to a room as well as all of the common space in the house including but not limited to: 5 bathrooms (one is private), kitchen, living/dining rooms, garage, garden, etc. The rent is also inclusive of all utilities and groceries as well as multiple funds that the house budgets and manages (capital improvements, appliance purchases, vacancy reserve, rainy day, etc).
The house is run democratically via biweekly meetings where we make proposals and vote to make decisions about day to day operations in the house, as well as more long term planning. Outside of meetings, we frequently conduct house business and votes via e-mail.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU LIVE AT ROSALIE
- Good food! Staple foods are available to members for all meals
- All members are collectively responsible for the well-being of the house.
- Collective, consensus decision-making conflict resolution.
- Always working to reducing our "ecological footprint" -- reducing waste, efficient use of resources, reducing dependence on nonrenewable resources, creating a healthy and nontoxic living environment.
- Sharing skills and knowledge (ex: gardening, cooking, repair and maintenance, etc.).
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from co-op members around the country through organizations like NASCO.
- An emphasis on affordable living.
- A friendly and fun atmosphere
RESPONSIBILITIES OF MEMBERS
- All members are committed to regular duties that are listed below. New members should expect to contribute 4 hours per week to a combination of responsibilities, examples include:
- Prompt payment of monthly charges
- House meetings every week
- Cooking dinner
- Cleaning and chores
- House purchasing, event planning, treasurer
click the room name to expand the details